Racing Beauties

Monday, September 27, 2010

As this past weekend was the Formula 1 here in Singapore, it got me thinking about cars from a design viewpoint, but especially vintage cars since those appeal the most to me! Not that I know much about any cars in general mind you, just that I love the classic lines and colors.

I especially adore the British racing green from the 1960’s.  This 1962 Jaguar E Type is for sale if any of you are on the market! Beautiful!


Designer Miles Redd was also inspired by vintage racing green when he designed this small gem of a kitchen. As the original color was a bit dark, he brightened it up a few shades but made sure to keep the effect of the glossy automotive finish. Certainly a glamorous place to cook!

To include in your own interior, try a model car on a bookshelf or sitting on top of a pile of books. Your little guests will like it too. My favorite company is Motor Mint, www.motormint.com, who make high quality, beautiful scale models. 

A Motor Mint Corvette 1967 model car 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan