Bali Chic . . . Part Trois

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ok, I promise this will be the last of the Bali posts (at least for a while!). Here is a collection of images and pieces which I particularly loved and thought embodied the ultimate Bali Chic



A scene in Bali from the film Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts . . . I could not resist! A great example of the traditional fabrics and offerings. The photo is by Francois Duhamel via Elle Decor.
A woven rattan outdoor lantern, these were all over in varying sizes, it reminds me of a fisherman's basket. The villas, hotels, and restaurants in Bali do a beautiful job with soft outdoor lighting! 
                      

 
A teak root sculpture, Canton whitewashed bookcase, and Hullet solid wood side table - all by Lio Collection, a few of my favorites! 



 The whitewashed interior of Cafe Bali in Seminyak - not only was the food wonderful here but I loved the white, breezy decor with colonial and antique touches. A lovely combination of East and West {photos via Haute Habits}


Nusa Dua batik fabric in shell and gold. Traditional batiks are generally more brightly colored but they are also making some more modern versions like this one. It would be stunning pillows and reminded me a bit of Fortuny's timeless fabrics.


108 white Japa Mala buddhist prayer beads strung on orange thread. I am already kicking myself I did not bring some of these back with me!


A Balinese carved stone wall mural, I love the organic flow of it! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan