Bold Color Inspiration: Thailand . . . {Surprise!}

Wednesday, February 2, 2011


surprise trip to Thailand to celebrate our 2 year anniversary (I adore my husband!) has been a true color inspiration! I love the contrast of the earthy green foliage with the azure water above! Nature is always a fantastic jumping off point for design. I love the pairing of colors which seem just a bit 'off'  - they can give a room spontaneity and interest.  Much more to come on Thailand but here are a few of favorite beautiful and bold color contrasts you can enjoy indoors as well! 



A lively living room by designer Angele Parlange, featured in Lonny magazine's December issue. Hot pink and cyan blue! I would worry it would turn out like a baby shower - but Parlange does a beautiful job! 

Miles Redd, a true master of bold color, pairs primary hues in this entry. The collection of patterns and different materials here helps it from looking too... well, primary! The photo is by Thomas Loof, and was featured in New York Magazine.

Mary McDonald combines dusty turquoises with brick red in this sophisticated room. Black accents help ground the space. I never would have thought of this particular color combo but it looks wonderful I think.


Jeffery Bilhuber picks a surprising plum and tangerine for upholstery in this Pennsylvania farm house. Especially given the more traditional setting, I think this color palette is just so dynamic! 


So don't be afraid of color! Inspiration is all around! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan