The Singapore Challenge . . .

Friday, February 18, 2011


Decorate an utterly empty apartment on a small budget with very limited sources . . . Let's go! I arrived here in Singapore two weeks ago to a really great apartment my husband rented and I love it here! Its a more urban area than we lived before in the city and space is wonderful with beautiful light! But when I say empty, I mean totally empty - not even a fork! (Except for the bed itself which happily my husband had picked up from IKEA)
After living in the space for a bit without furniture I have come to love the lightness here and have decided to stick to lots whites and neutrals and just a few accents of color, and since the climate here is eternal summer, I think that will feel just right! We are hoping for a really homey and welcoming apartment so I have collected some inspiration images of interiors which are white + neutral but also warm and cozy! I will post the results as I decorate!
Here are the before shots!


Yes, those are my suitcases filled with clothes sitting on the living Room floor!

Window wall of the living-dining Room -  you can see why we get great natural light! :)


I love an open kitchen - who wants to cook alone!


The bedroom is rather small but it feels cozy to me, plus we have big walk in closet so no complaints at all!


I LOVE this room in California by designer James Radin. It is so light and breezy but not too cold - a great inspiration for the new apartment! 

This living room by Lindsay Bond looks so collected and intersting without almost any color at all!

I especially like this bathroom vingette by Victoria Pearson, an interiors photographer as well as a decorator! Featured in House Beautiful. Definitely adding this one to my scrapbook as well!

Ok, stay tuned for more! And please wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan