The Vintage French Stripe

Monday, March 7, 2011


While I still have images of France swirling in my head, I thought I would share my obsession with vintage grain sacks. . . I know, this sounds a bit odd but like almost everything else French, vintage grain sacks can look so chic and so relaxed - a combination I love! They remind me of all the amazing boulangerie in France and something about the faded, simple stripes is just so appealing and so timeless. Here a few of my favorite picks, as I think a vintage French stripe is a welcome addition to almost any interior!  


{Above is a vintage homespun grain sack available through Touch Of Europe}


Striped feed sack pillows by Wisteria.

Free Trade Pouf by Urban Outfitters.

These hand painted Mag Bulletin boards from Oh My Goodness on Etsy are inspired by grain sacks!

A French bench in a natural wood finish from Wisteria - it would be wonderful in an entry or at the foot of the bed.

Feed sack from Simply French Vintage via Etsy - perfect for a DIY project. 

The Cabana chair from Urban Outfitters - love the mix of the industrial lines of the metal chair with the stripe seat! 

Lastly, a bedroom by designer Carolyn Espley Miller for her young son. The whole room is an homage to the vintage French stripe! I espceially love the weathered wooden shades painted with one set of stripes! {Image via House Beautiful}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan