Design Dilema: Velvet Sofas?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


I was just discussing velvet sofas with a close friend here in Singapore. I adore the lush, inviting look of velvet sofas {no design dilema there!} but what about in a tropical climate? The extra hot and humid weather can really limit your design options here at times. I rounded up some inspirational images that visually lend themselves to warmer locations and look great but what about the feel? I think I might prefer linens and cottons only for Singapore - it's just so sticky! {well, maybe if we keep the air con on and the doors shut!} 


What do you think, can velvet work when it's hot year round? 







I especially love the rich depth of color and texture this indigo sofa in the 1st image brings! 


{via}
sb signature

4 comments:

rym said...

Hello, i have been following your blog for some time now, and i think its the first time i comment! About the sofa, i live on the mediterranean, it gets very hot,sticky and humid in summer,and having a velvet sofa didnt help at all, always feels like we are suffocating and i cant wait till i change the fabric! Hope this helps :)

Leslie said...

Those look gorgeous! I'm definitely a fan. :)

Velvetsofa said...

Great and nice blog thanks sharing..I just want to say that all the information you have given here is awesome...Thank you very much for this one.
Fabric sofa in UK

Aaaaccounting said...

This is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
payroll service in barking

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan