Design Dilema: To Match or Not to Match?

Thursday, August 16, 2012



My first job in design was at a very classical, traditional firm. They did beautiful work and as many interiors were historic, every detail in a space was carefully selected to match. But as I continued on in design and worked for very different firms, I came to seek out and love everything that did not match. Now, I am hopelessly drawn to shades of a color that are just off, items that are a bit oversized, or accessories that are quirky. I am crazy for all things vintage but love those items most when paired with more modern pieces. I can completely see the beauty in a coordinated interior, but deep down I really love spaces that are unexpected, layered and collected. 

What is your design stance? Do you tend to match or not? 






{via}
sb signature

1 comment:

Velvetsofa said...

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information
“Bespoke sofa in UK”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan