E-Decorating: A Two Tone Wall

Thursday, August 2, 2012


For a recent E-decorating project in Chicago we decided to do bold two tone walls in the master bedroom. The space needed an injection of color and a bit more architectural interest and this was a really cost effective way to get there! It works in a variety of rooms {as you can see below!} but I particularly love the idea of the two tone wall behind a bed. I hoped it would ground the otherwise pale space and create a great visual backdrop for the headboard. For this project I selected the warm neutral China White for the top portion of the walls and the smoky rose terra-cotta color Santa Fe Pottery for the base. In this case, the color switch happens 40" off the floor, but it really depends on the furniture and architecture of your space. The client's painter is coming soon and I am really excited to see a photo of the finished product! 


Do you like the two tone wall concept?  








The first image was my original inspiration shot for the two tone wall in this project, but these others are really lovely too. This soft blue on the last shot just makes the whole space dreamy! 

{images via}

sb signature

2 comments:

DIana said...

I'm thinking of this for my dining room - but I have a white fireplace and white built-ins on one wall, an open entry way into the living room on another, and that leaves me 2 walls (each has a window in the middle and one also has the front door). Would it be weird to do this on just two walls??

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison:

How do you determine if you should do a darker or lighter color on top. I noticed that in all your photos the lighter color is on top. I have a small study that I think I want to paint in two tones. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan