S+B Style Crush: Angie Hranowsky's Colorfully Modern Home

Monday, December 30, 2013


Today I am having a major style crush on playfully bold designer Angie Hranowsky. Her self described 'relaxed modern interiors' are so chic but also so lively, with an eye on both the past and the future. And of course, who can deny her amazing sense of color? This Charleston, South Carolina home was built circa 1850 but is a rental for Hranowsky's family. I love the classic architectural details combined with the quirky collection of art and rich palette of purples, blues and pinks. While perhaps a bit too bold for some of us, I love the vibrant energy this home exudes and it certainly inspires a bit of daring in me!   














I think Hranowsky is a genius at hanging and placing art - I love the unexpected places pieces pop up and the gallery style stacks hug almost to the floor. Another tip from the designer (which I fully agree with!) is to splurge for custom window treatments for key rooms even in a rental, here mostly roman shades. The warmth and personalized feel they add can be well worth it! 

{via Lonny}

sb signature

1 comment:

Ann said...

I just discovered your blog and I love finding other expat bloggers with similar interests! The pink bedroom is the perfect balance of feminine but not overdone. I'm currently working on a pink room for my toddler daughter. I have ben gathering tons of inspiration, so thanks for sharing. I'll be reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan